Manually Create NAV Service Instances
In the default installation just one NAV Server Service and one NAV Business Web Service is created.
I have found that in real life you need more NAV Server Services, and then you can spread users across them. In one case I created 7 different instances.
Often the documentation suggests names like NAV2, NAV3.. I found it more useful to use names that identify the group of users.
This also makes it easier for users to know which Instance they are using.
Here is the syntax I use.
Create Service NAVAdmin
sc \\pandora-nav create MicrosoftDynamicsNAVServer$NAVAdmin binpath= "F:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\ServiceAdmin_WS\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Server.exe $NAVAdmin" DisplayName= "Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server Admin" start= auto type= own depend= NetTcpPortSharing
Set the description of the service (otherwise it will be blank)
sc description MicrosoftDynamicsNAVServer$NAVAdmin "NAV Service used by Admin"
Create a Web Service
SC \\pandora-nav CREATE MicrosoftDynamicsNAVWS$Admin binpath= "F:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\ServiceAdmin_WS\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Server.exe $Admin" DisplayName= "Microsoft Dynamics NAV Business WS" type= share
Set the description of the web service
sc description MicrosoftDynamicsNAVWS$Admin "NAV Web Service used by WS"
<add key="ServerInstance" value="DynamicsNAVAdmin"></add>
See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd301437.aspx for full details, particularly on setting up TCP Port Sharing
- Downsizing Dangers - 28th October 2013
- Dynamics NAV NAS/Job Queue - Excel SaveAs method failed - 18th October 2013
- New in XLCubed 7.5 - 16th October 2013
- How to suspend and resume SQL database mirroring - 15th October 2013
- XLCubed: Excel Dashboards - 11th October 2013
- Analytical Applications of Business Intelligence Reporting - 10th October 2013
- What is Microcharts? How can it clarify data? - 10th October 2013
- Can’t print from XLCubed Web Edition - 2nd October 2013
- A call to SSPI failed in NAV 2009 R2 - 31st May 2011
- Can’t send BizTalk documents from NAV2009 Role Tailored Client - 23rd May 2011
- Unique External Document No. on Sales Order - 23rd May 2011
- CRM 2011 – NAV 2009 R2 Synchronisation – tips and tricks - 10th May 2011
- Manually Create NAV Service Instances - 3rd May 2011
- SQL Maintenance plan won't run, modify or delete - 24th November 2010
- Miscellaneous NAV RTC Development Tips - 21st November 2010
- NAV RTC Development training tools - 18th November 2010
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV Application Objects - 15th November 2010
- Delete a rogue Conur Expense Report - 12th November 2010
- CRM - 9th November 2010
- application objects
- Business Intelligence
- cached password
- Commerce Gateway
- CRM 2011
- CRM 2013
- Crystal Reports
- Data Type
- date and time
- Dynamics NAV
- Excel Buffer
- External Document No.
- Generate xsd from SQL table
- Job Queue
- Microsoft Excel
- NAV 2009
- NAV 2009 R2
- NAV Application Server
- NAV Development
- NAV Upgrade
- new version
- no delimiter
- service broker
- User Setup
- Web Service